Family Living: 9 Backyard DIY's

Guest post by Lily Ellis of Birch + Bird.

1. Build a table:

The summer weekends are slowly ticking away and I don't know about you, but we haven't checked off nearly as many little projects around the house as we had planned! We've got a lot on the go for the next few weeks too so I have a feeling that we'll just have to save them for the fall (or next summer!) but here are some great outdoor DIY's that I would love to accomplish at some point in time...


2: Plant a fairy garden:

3. Build a fort for the kids:

4. Make stump stools:
Photo by Tonya McCahon for Natural Home and Garden 

5. Build a half pipe: (my husband actually built one for our last house but it didn't come with us)
Photo by Prue Ruscoe of Inside Out

6. Pretty up the driveway:

7: Host a movie night:

9. Hang a hammock: (ok, so not exactly a DIY but this is one project that we actually did do!)

You might remember one of my earlier guest posts featuring hammocks so I thought you might like to see the one I chose and also get a little sneak peak of our backyard. While not much of a DIY, it has been the perfect place to rest and daydream about the next projects on our list! What outdoor plans do you have in the works?
***
Lily co-writes with Rachel over at Birch + Bird. Together they organize local handmade + vintage markets and run a small Etsy shop. Lily is also opening a new storefront in Abbotsford later this Fall. You can follow Birch + Bird on Facebook and Twitter.

Jan Halvarson

2 comments:

Chloe said...

When I was a little girl I remember watching a movie about these fairies that lived in these mossy woods somewhere in the world and these humans found them or something and helped build them these incredible fairy castles among the mossy green plants. Ever since, I've wanted to make my own fairy castle. Thank you for reminding me.

Chloe said...

When I was a little girl I remember watching a movie about these fairies that lived in these mossy woods somewhere in the world and these humans found them or something and helped build them these incredible fairy castles among the mossy green plants. Ever since, I've wanted to make my own fairy castle. Thank you for reminding me.